Jennie Cooper | Second Grade Teacher DLIMy Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education k-8 and my Master's Degree in Learning and Technology from Western Governors University. I value education and will continue learning for the rest of my life.
- My favorite thing to teach is reading. The accomplishment and independence kids get from learning to read is unparalleled. I love watching them start to realize that they can learn anything they want through reading.
- I love spending time with my family. My husband and I have three kids, and we love to have adventures outdoors.
- I love reading in my free time. My favorite genre is Nonfiction. I especially love reading about history.
- The fabulous Rita Pearson said, "Every child deserves a champion: an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists they become the best they can possibly be." I strive to be one of those people for my students. I love being a teacher!
Joy Sorenson | Second Grade TeacherMy Email: email@example.com
- 2022 will be my 5th year teaching 2nd grade at Majestic Fields Elementary.
- I graduated from SUU and fulfilled a lifetime goal.
- I love being with my family, hiking, going to the beach and reading. I also adore my two dogs.
- I believe that every child deserves a classroom environment where they feel safe, accepted and are excited to learn. I am so excited for this coming school year.
Mayara Migliorini | Second Grade Teacher DLIMy Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I received my degree from UEPG - Universidade Estadual de Ponta Grossa
- Post-graduate in Psychopedagogy and Special Needs Education by Censupeg.
- My favorite Subjects to teach are Portuguese and Mathematics.
- One of my favorite quotes is: "Education does not transform the World. Education changes People. People change the World." by Paulo Freire
Sandy Jenkins | Second Grade TeacherMy Email: email@example.com
- I love being on the 2nd grade team at Majestic Fields Elementary!
- I received my teaching credentials and Reading Endorsement from Texas A&M University and I have twenty years of teaching experience.
- I had so many amazing teachers growing up...but my second grade teacher, Mrs. Jones, was my favorite! I guess you could call me a "teacher's pet" because she always let me do extra things like run errands around the school, buddy read with struggling readers, and spend time helping the school librarian!
- Language Arts was always my favorite subject, and I enjoy teaching ELA as well. My students tease me that I introduce every story or book as "one of my favorites!"
- As a child, I read every Nancy Drew book in the series, and I loved reading the Little House on the Prairie books!
- My hobbies include reading, painting, traveling (I've been to over half of the United States, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, and all over Europe), camping, watching old movies, and playing board games.
- My special quote is from one of my favorite artists, Vincent Van Gogh, "...that which is done with love is well done."
- I LOVE teaching and I am looking forward to a fabulous year with my second graders!
Taylor Manuele | Second Grade TeacherMy Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I completed my Bachelor's Degree at Dixie State University and my Master's Degree at Western Governors University. I also have my ESL endorsement, my reading endorsement, and I am currently working on my LETRS certification.
- My favorite subject to teach is reading. I love seeing the growth my students make in their reading skills each year! It is so fun to see them gain confidence and start to love reading books.
- In my free time I love spending time with friends and family, shopping, crafting, watching movies and more!